Friday, November 19, 2010

Salute to UGC: Paulina Cerrilla

This is the first part of my my new series of posts "Salute to UGC." By USH I mean, user generated content. This is my ode to who I think are the best (mostly) amateur musicians out there who build their following via YouTube, MySpace, and other social networking sites.


Photo from Facebook page Paulina Cerrilla




First off is Paulina Cerrilla. This fifteen - yes - FIFTEEN-year-old has a dynamite voice. She's been around doing covers of pop tunes on YouTube for a couple of years now and she keeps getting better. I find it difficult to imagine how she won't be signed soon. She already has a solid following on her YouTube channel, itsmePAULINA with over 56,000 subscribers and topping the 12 million mark when it comes to views.


Have a listen at her cover of Sara Bareilles' "Blue Bird"


Pretty good right? No. Pretty great.


Here are some useful links to hear more from her:


YouTube itsmePAULINA


Facebook Page


MySpace Page


Twitter @xoPAULINA

Official Website

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just got this sent to me! Thank you so so so much for posting this, it really does mean a lot. <3

    Thanks for spreading the word!!
    You rock!

    Paulina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulina is a great young talent. I cannot say enough about her. It's been several months since I found out about her, and I cannot stop raving about her...from A to Z...she is just beyond what words can describe. Anytime I link her or comment about her on the boards or point her out to someone, I still don't feel that I'm giving her her due. It's real positive to see you on the Paulina bandwagon likewise.

    ReplyDelete